We are a church school serving the whole community. We aim:
• to make a contribution to each child’s spiritual, social and emotional development;
• to create a caring community where there is respect for all;
• to foster the children’s curiosity and desire for life-long learning in a safe, stimulating and challenging environment;
• to encourage children of all abilities, having high expectations of what children can achieve.
We also aim to help children to begin to develop an understanding:
• of the world they live in and of their own place in it;
• of the world of their immediate environment and the world further afield;
• of the world here and now but also of the world of the past;
• of the world of observable facts but also the world of faith and beliefs.
Phonics and Reading Schemes
In Key Stage One we use Letters and Sounds to plan and teach our phonics. This is supplemented with a range of other resources and activities.
We use the Oxford Reading Tree, Collins Big Cats, Project X and Rising Stars Reading Planet schemes for reading.
We follow the Oxfordshire Agreed Syllabus. Our scheme of work is provided by the Diocese of Oxford.